Tuesday 11 December 2012

Wanasing Beach Sunrise

Hello all!  Today I wanted to share with you something new that I've been trying out over the past nine months or so.  My good friend Cory introduced me to time lapse photography about a year ago and it wasn't long before I was dappling with it myself!  It's always a bit of a dilema for me when I go out to shoot now - do I concentrate on my still photography, or do I try some time lapse?

The thing with time lapse is it takes your camera away for at least an hour or two - maybe even longer if you are shooting the night sky!  Usually something amazing is happening as well, so the dilema is real when it comes to stills or time lapse!  It takes about 500 to 800 images to put together a small video (usually between 15 and 30 seconds worth!), so you can see that it is time consuming, and it will take a bit of time to build up a nice catalogue of video.

Eventually we want to add a time lapse dolly into the mix in order to introduce camera movements while the time lapse is going on.  Hopefully sometime early next year we will have that in our hands - it should be a lot of fun!

Anyway, here is a small sampling of a sunrise I shot while out at the lake with my family this past September.  There wasn't a lot of colour, but the clouds were intense, and the results are fantastic!  I hope you enjoy!





Wanasing Beach Sunrise
© Daniel Menheer

No comments:

Post a Comment